Monday, January 21, 2013

Wash Up, Gamer!

"If you were born in the 80s, you remember the NES controller -- with it's iconic black, red and white color scheme and two-button controls. DigitalSoaps has captured the look and feel of nostalgic childhood bliss with an NES controller soap.

This realistic soap was invented in 2009, right here at DigitalSoaps.

It is scented in tribute to another childhood favorite, Cream Soda.

DigitalSoaps was presented with GamePro's Editor's Choice Award in August 2009.

I have a deep affinity for the Nintendo Entertainment System. My favorite games are Megaman 2, Tetris, Bubble Bobble and Kid Icarus, but there are so many awesome ones out there. It's the simplicity of the system that makes it so great.

This weighs four ounces and is scented with Mountain Dew-type fragrance oil.

PHOTO CREDIT: Styrene Images (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Styrene-Images/173909889306205)
MODEL: Olivia Odd (https://www.facebook.com/OliviaOdd)

The ingredients:

· Coconut Oil
· Palm Oil
· Safflower Oil
· Glycerin (kosher, of vegetable origin)
· Purified Water
· Sodium Hydroxide (saponifying agent)
· Sorbitol (moisturizer)
· Sorbitan Oleate (emulsifier)
· Soy Bean Protein (conditioner)
· Titanium Dioxide (mineral whitener used in opaque soaps)
· Fragrance and color

About DigitalSoaps and founder Chrystal Doucette:
I invented soap shaped like video game controllers and other electronics on a whim. My soap is the first to communicate with subcultures of gamers and geeks. I haven't seen anything like it and I haven't seen gamers this excited about soap.

When I was younger, my dad took me to Computer City. A
trip highlight included the chocolate 5.25-inch floppy disks the store sold. With a desire to relive my past, I checked online to see if anyone still sold the chocolate disks. I didn't find any. But during my research, I found plenty of chocolate molds shaped like electronics. This discovery sparked the idea of making soap. I was already a fan of handmade soap, so the two ideas merged well.

My first video game-themed soap, a PlayStation 2 replica controller, received so much attention, I decided to start making more video game controller replicas. I was able to leave the 24-7 world of news reporting for a much more zen existence. When you buy a soap from me, you are supporting a small business and you are supporting the original artist of these types of soaps.

Each product is made in my home. I remain committed to using only high quality, vegan ingredients in my soap.

You can find my soaps covered in Computer idee (Netherlands), GamePro, GamesMaster (German), GEE Magazine (German), Forbes.com, Micro Hebdo (French) Wired UK, WonkaVision. Photos of the articles can be viewed at: http://www.facebook.com/pages/DigitalSoaps/205525062068?v=photos&ref=ts#!/album.php?aid=226187&id=205525062068&ref=pb"

Found at Digitalsoaps' Etsy shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment